Youtube is one of the biggest social networking platforms to use in 2021. Watching videos over the internet seemed to be more interesting than Youtube, and it has turned out to be a great platform for users.
A simple data suggests that almost 1 billion videos are watched on this Google platform in a single day. For business entities, ad revenue, and also exploring the audience, Youtube is one thing that keeps on giving.
Here are some amazing, Eye-Opening Youtube Statistics that Will Surprise You in 2021. So without any further ado, let’s get started in learning more about this data.
Please include attribution to Techiepassion.com with this graphic.
<a href="http://www.thelifenetwork.org/"><img src="http://www.thelifenetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/myoutube.png" alt="myoutube" width="1100px" height="19786px" border="0"></a>
YouTube History Statistics
- The history of YouTube dates back to the year 2005. In April 2005, the first-ever video was uploaded on YouTube.
- Merger with Google came after a year. In October 2006, it was announced that Google had acquired the rights of YouTube.
- YouTube was an advertisement free platform from its inauguration. The first set of advertisements rolled out in 2007.
- This platform reached out to a peak user view back in 2007. The record data stats show that it has reached around 2 billion views in a day.
- Back in the year of 2013, YouTube recorded maximum views of 1 billion monthly active users. It has also recorded a purchase value of $1.65 Billion.
YouTube User Statistics
- According to data, the number of active monthly users on YouTube is close to 2 billion. It could increase rapidly in the next two years.
- On an average of 10 people, almost 60% prefer watching online videos rather than live TV. Out of the 60% prefer watching YouTube.
- The age group of 18-45 has the most viewership rate when t comes to watching YouTube videos. Half of the viewers are under 32 years.
- YouTube has a stipulated growth of 74% as compared with the viewership rate of the previous decade. Live TV has dropped by 4% while there is an increase in YouTube views.
- Comparing with pay-TV services, the YouTube platform has a massive growth. It is expected that by 2025, only a few Americans will continue watching pay-TV services.
- YouTube has the highest conversion rate when it comes to young viewers from 18-30 years. It has almost 95% of the internet traffic.
- This video streaming service from YouTube is available to more than 91 countries in the world. Google is trying to reach out to more countries as well.
- The age group of 18-24 years has the most conversion rate for web traffic. Over 94% of youth watch YouTube videos at least once n a month!
- According to the world data, the YouTube stats show that over 71% of the total internet users watch YouTube videos. Moreover, 81% of US viewers are from 15 and 25 years.
- YouTube has launched multiple local versions. You can enjoy multiple videos on your choice of local languages, which are compatible with 100 countries.
YouTube Usage Statistics
- After Google, YouTube has the second largest search engine. Most people search analytics keywords on YouTube for video content.
- Facebook has the highest number of users as a social media platform. But YouTube is neither far behind as well. It is the second-highest in terms of views.
- On every minute of YouTube usage, there are almost 500 hours of video uploaded worldwide. You can watch over 1 billion hours of YouTube content.
- YouTube videos are available on both mobile and web platforms. However, almost 705 of the videos are recorded from mobile devices.
- The bounce rate of YouTube is also the second-highest among all websites. After Facebook, YouTube comes along with a bounce rate of 40 minutes per session.
- Baby Shark Dance by PINKFONG is the most viewed video available on the YouTube platform. The second highest views are for Despacito by Luis Fonsi.
- Ryan Kaji, a 9-year-old kid, is the highest earner as a YouTube individual. His video contents are based on toy reviews, and his earnings are almost $24 million!
- The highest subscribed YouTube channel for an individual is PewDiePie, with 107 million. The highest subscribed YouTube channel for a commercial account is for T-Series with 156 million.
- Despacito is the fastest growing YouTube video, which took just 97 days to grow 1 billion views. It took almost 160 days for Gangnam style to reach 1 billion views.
- YouTube Rewind 2018 is the most disliked video available on this platform. It has received almost 18.82 million dislikes from its day of launch on December 6.
These facts and figures for Youtube are one thing that you would never want to miss out on. All these amazing data and features turn out to be very helpful for content creators and also for brands.
If you are willing to take advantage of your Youtube audience and discover a new open market for you, these 40+ Eye-Opening Youtube Statistics that Will Surprise You in 2021 is just what you need the most.
Do let us know if you have some more data and stats available on Youtube.